Friday, September 30, 2016

My current weaving project will soon be done. I already know what I am going to do next although it will probably have to wait until spring. This is where it stands now.
 The wood strips are the spacers for the fringe, I tried using a single piece of cardboard but it wouldn't wrap around the breast beam, the thin strips go around very nicely and are easier to handle anyway.
The line of red is the cutting line between the two pieces of fringe. Now if I had been smart I would have woven one fringe before I started the body of the piece and then finished off with the other. Well I will be smart with the next one, this was after all the trial piece and I learned a lot.
I did some sewing too although I don't know how I managed because my assistant wasn't around although she did unthread Juki somtime during the night. We expect that though. The quilting is a little tedious around the rick rack because I have to fold it back so it doesn't get caught by the needle, but the horse are going fast and once they are done the background will be even faster.
I also poured a turtle bowl and a bird house, not too shabby for getting a late start since I overslept this morning. This afternoon I will probably make a pair of booties, I'm fast, but I've made so many I probably could do it in my sleep, not that I will of course.
The weekend is coming up, I usually get less done on the weekend with the boys home, but it's nice to have them around, I'm never quite used the quiet, but it's nice if they get too noisy I can come down here where it's only like thunder in the distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment