Saturday, September 17, 2016

 I finished quilting Tumbling Blocks today, and I am happy to have it done. Tomorrow I will bind it, that is if I can find where I put the fabric I want to bind it with, and then I will put it out on the front porch for a picture. I basted it 11 days ago, so that's pretty good time for me, especially since there were several days I didn't quilt because of doing other things. Such as weaving.
David finished my shuttle yesterday and I used it for the first time today. It is beautifully balanced and slides smoothly through the shed of the loom. Truly worth waiting for, and I will enjoy having it for the rest of my life. I'll soon be ready to start weaving the fringe for the ends of the coverlet. More on that when I start the process, I've never done it before so I am looking forward to it. I've learned a lot with this warp, for one thing back to basics, I need to take more care when I am winding to avoid tangles and breaks. It will soon be time to wind another warp and then I will have pictures of that. I am quite pleased with my progress on this one, and am looking forward to cutting it off the loom and finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment