Friday, September 2, 2016

Happy is still wondering where her quilt is.
Since I finished quilting Pink Ugly she has been very restless and distracted. Her favorite sleeping spot has been taken away. However I pieced the back for Tumbling Blocks and I hope to baste it tomorrow. Ah tomorrow, Happy will be happy again!
I worked a bit more on my Postage Stamp pieces. Today I worked out that it will take 10,000 for an 80 inch top. Math isn't my strong point, but I think that's right. If I had stopped to think about how many pieces there are I wouldn't have started I am sure, now however, since I have put quite a bit of time into it, I will eventually finish it. I am in no hurry as I have several other (read lots of) UFOs which I will be working on I will still have a variety to keep me interested.
Meanwhile there is the weaving which is coming along, and I am honing my skills on that too. My bobbin winder's drive belt is broken so I am using a rubber band, my rubber band's are too short so they keep snapping and getting me; I am going to try something else, a drill which will be a lot faster, and David has one that he doesn't use, so if he remembers to bring it in I will try it out to see how it works.
It's got to be better than the rubber band.

No comments:

Post a Comment