Wednesday, September 28, 2016

We went out to sit on the porch this morning, it didn't last long, getting chilly in the mornings for sitting now, we will really miss it. They are starting the work on resurfacing the street, it will be noisy for a while. First they have to do some utility work. I am afraid they will delay it long enough so that the street will be closed when we bring David home from the hospital. It was too noisy for Stanley, he didn't come around.
Happy Trails is now a quarter of the way quilted, that means half the horses are done. I like how it's turning out, but then I always do, it's such fun. I think part of it is because I actually am getting some done, for so long I couldn't.
When my only granddaughter was born I got all excited and cut out a whole lot of doll clothes. I made some of them and dressed a doll and gave her a doll trunk full, which she never plays with being her father's daughter she prefers cars and being out doors. So I have had all these doll clothes cut out and never sewn, every now and then I pull some out and make them, dress a couple of dolls that I have or put them away. Someday I will find a little girl who likes dolls and give them to her, meanwhile I will just enjoy making them, this is the little dress I finished this morning. It was fun and fast and I enjoyed it. When I was little I didn't really play with dolls much, I mostly just liked making clothes for my dolls, I guess that hasn't changed.
Soon I will have to go and get ready for David's hip replacement class, oh fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment