Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Happy Trails
Polka Dots

Love Ring

Pineapple
I am trying to decide which top I want to quilt next. These are just a few that I have made in the last few years. Tumbling Blocks is about half way quilted and going fast, so I need to decide which one I want to do next. I have a back already pieced for Polka Dots, a Drunkard's Path Variation, so it might go first, however I have two Pineapple tops done, made with different strip widths to see which I liked best. Actually I just loved the pattern, had a lot of pink and green strips and was having so much fun I didn't want to stop. I made Happy Trails and the Pineapple tops down here on the New Automatic treadle and just loved doing them. I am trying to decide if I want to try quilting a top on the treadle or not, and may decide to make a baby quilt to try quilting on her, so as not to bite off more than I can chew.
After lunch more weaving; it will soon be too cold to do much down here in the unfinished part of the basement so I want to get as much done as possible before winter. There is already a chill in the air that I don't like and Ambrosina turned on the furnace the other day. I am so not ready for cold weather, but it will come whether I want it or not, so I suppose I had better resign myself.
The nice thing is I have quilts ready for my bed this winter. I will get a lot of tops quilted because I can't work down here, and there will be another Spring to look forward too, a spring where David and I will be able to take walks again because he will have a new, functioning hip that won't hurt him. Yippie Skippie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment