Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pin basting Happy Trails. I got it done in good time and even had some time to do a little quilting before lunch. I tried to explain how to do the Snail Trail pattern to David, but I am not quite sure if he got it. He thought the center of the block was the big triangles, and I tried explaining at the 4 patch was the center of the block, but I'm not sure he understood. He also thought it was curved piecing which it is not, just the illusion of curves. If he decides he wants to make one I will teach him, but it might be a tad stressful at first.
Happy my assistant, here shown, only had to suffer one day with no quilt to curl up on, a pretty fast turn around for me. She is also in her role of critic observing the fabric basket I made today ready for beading. I don't think she likes them, but it could be because they get in her way when she wants to curl up in my lap while I am beading them. Or it could be that it was crowding into her comfort zone laying there. Which ever it is, I moved it for her, and she can relax on her quilt since I am down here trying to get a few things done.
I now have 20 blocks done on the star quilt and 8 on the Drunkard's Path. I only have about enough time to do a block each on most days, but the piles are slowly getting higher. I don't have time to quilt them right now anyway, so I don't need to hurry the piecing along and I can savor it.
For the rest of the day I can savor the satisfaction of having another quilt ready to quilt. I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment