Thursday, September 8, 2016

I'm having a lazy sort of day. This week has been so busy that it feels good not to bustle around trying to get a lot done. I tried to do some quilting and broke three needles right off the bat. I've found that if I do that it's time to move onto something else and pick up the next day. So I did some weaving. I am now about halfway through the warp and i have been improving a lot since I started.

The above is underneath from the front of the loom. I got a new to me bobbin winder, David had an old drill he doesn't use since it doesn't run in reverse anymore so he stuck a dowel in it and I am using it to wind my bobbins. It doesn't kill my shoulder like the manual winder, nor does the rubber band fly off and hit me. It's faster, and although it is heavy it works pretty good. David is planning to make me one operated by a sewing machine motor and foot treadle. It will have to wait though until he gets a little less busy.
It's not critical since I have so many other things I can do if I can't weave at any certain time. I try to piece at least two blocks of one quilt or another in any given day, as well as the actual quilting. I am going to haul my spinning wheel down from the attic this winter and do some more spinning, I miss it.
It is my bedroom cleaning day too, so I have to get busy on that, and as usual clear off some of the clutter. I don't know where it comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment