Thursday, September 22, 2016


This can happen at a butterfly house. We love it which is why we keep going back. We are discussing what camera we can upgrade to so I can get better pictures. These big babies are bright blue when they spread their wings.
You can see why we need a camera with more definition.
The weaving is coming along good, I am almost done with the last pattern repeat, then I will weave the fringe. I've never done it before so I am excited about it, I'll have pictures when I get to it.
I only need 7 more star blocks for the quilt I am piecing on Ernestine, big blocks go together fast. I have 14 Drunkard's Path blocks done, so that is going pretty fast too. I don't need to get them done any time soon, because of the line up of tops I have that need quilting, but I intend to put some long hours in at the quilting machine tomorrow.
I was reflecting on how much more I enjoy quilting now that I decided to stop trying to use the stand up frame that I had; I don't think I would ever have gotten as good as I am now, nor as fast, and I didn't enjoy it because I had too much pain. In the winter I couldn't use it because it was on the porch. Every now and then I get a little wiser, I wonder why it's not oftener?

No comments:

Post a Comment