Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Can you see the treadling error?
Contrasted with this. My wheels (circles) are heart shaped instead of round. I got the pages of my treadling chart out of order. I am going to leave it in for a couple of reasons. One is, since this is the trial piece it doesn't matter all that much. Two is that I kind of like the hearts. And since I don't really like unweaving (who does?) I'll leave it. If this were the actual coverlet I would have to take it out. I am now about halfway through the 3rd pattern repeat.

I like the way Tumbling Blocks is turning out. It looks like stars sometimes too. The quilting is really fast, and I may have a new favorite quilting pattern, at least for diamond shapes. It's more like doodling really. David says that pattern is how they lay a rope out on the deck of a ship if they want to play a line our smoothly with no hitches. Live and learn. I should look through his book on making knots to see if there are any more patterns I want to adapt, it could be very interesting.
I have a class this after noon so I have to get ready and get going, the rest of the week is going to be busy with appointments and David has some too, more preop hoops. It will be nice to have them out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment