Thursday, September 29, 2016

I am winding down the weaving project.
I did a row of what is called Leno, a sort of lace on one edge and then I will weave the fringe. It was sort of tedious, and didn't turn out quite the way it was supposed to but I had never done it before and I'm learning. It was fun, but I can see where I need to make improvements.
It involved going under two threads on the bottom and over two threads on the top and took a little while. I sure that I will do it again sometime because I like the way it looks.  I think I will probably be cutting it off the loom this weekend, depends on how much I can get done today and tomorrow, but I am really excited to be seeing it soon. There is some finishing work to be done after it is off the loom, but I am sure that I will enjoy that too.
As for all the other projects I have going right now I will pick up some of those this afternoon and work on them; always I am grateful to God that he gave me work to do with my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment