Monday, October 17, 2016

When I was sorting out the bootie fabric and patterns I ran across 5 baby buntings that I had cut out, evidently when the last couple of grandsons were born, so I am going to put them together for baby gifts. I did one this morning.

After that I quilted for a while, I should be able to finish the quilt I am working on by the end of the week.
I spent the rest of the day getting my bedroom ready for David to use a walker in. The unfortunate part of that is I got the bedroom looking really good, and ready to go, but now the sitting room has to be done all over again because I moved all the things I can't keep in here any longer out there. If it wasn't things I use all the time I would just haul it out to the garbage cans, but I use most of it every day. I decided the thing to do is sit down and have a cup of coffee and think about it. Having thought about it I decided to leave it until tomorrow. Now I know that is classic procrastination, and I recognize that. I will do it tomorrow though, I just ran out of steam today, also I smashed my finger. When I start hurting myself I have found that I am overtired and it is time to quit for the day and pursue something else.
So now I think I will knit a pair of booties and work on my hexagon top for a while. I find that it is so soothing to do a little hand work, and for me it doesn't really matter what it is, just so long as I am making something useful for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment