Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I am on David's computer and I am not happy. I know that I shouldn't complain, and be happy to have a computer to use, but it is gross. Cookie or bread crumbs and dust and the keys don't work very well. neither does the space bar or the mouse, almost have to pound on them. My poor computer bit the dust. Something fried the motherboard. I've always had a lot of problems with it, but it was my own and I was used to it. I am trying to get my files backed up onto thumb drives, but it is really slow.

Tomorrow is David's surgery, and we are ready, he's got handles screwed on beside the bed to help him get up, I still have a box to get out of his way in the sitting room, but he is supposed to help me with that. I'll be glad when tomorrow night is here.
Is not my assistant funny? I had a terrible time getting anything done this morning, we went to the butterfly house and when we got home I tried to sew. I guess she thought that I had been ignoring her too long.

 The two yellow moths are Lunar moths the pictures don't show how big they actually are. David took the pictures and he doesn't know how to use the camera very well although I showed him a couple of things. They are about 6 inches  long, with beautiful feathery antannae. They aren't seen here very often neither is the black and yellow one. The lunar moth only lives 5 days.
The big one here I can't remember the name of although the attendant told me; it's close to 8 inches wide unbelievably big and beautiful. They don't have these all the time and they can't have both male and female at the same time because the larvae are huge and eat everything green. We love it there, it is one of the few things we get to do often, it doesn't take too much time or energy or money. There are plans to extend it in a few years, a lot of people come to Sioux Falls just to visit it.

I still have a couple of odds and ends to do, and I am trying to save my files from my defunct computer, don't know when I will be getting anew one, but I am trying to make myself be content with the loan from David, it is sweet of him to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment