Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The good news is I hit the three quarter of the way quilted mark this morning.

 I hemmed the overshot trial piece that is now call a table runner since Ambrosina wants it for the dining room. I even made a pair of booties. What a busy little girl I have been, and all before noon. Boy! am I tired. I have my BPD class this afternoon so I had to get everything done earlier.
I am pleased though, with how my first weaving project in many years turned out, and I learned so many things doing it.
I had warp trouble, my conclusions are:
More care is needed in winding the warp, I didn't always enter the cross at the end in the same order.
More care was needed in sorting the ends into the raddle, I didn't always put them in the correct order thinking it didn't matter because I was in a hurry; it does matter. It matters a lot.
I missed tying some ends of the warp on, just plain missed more care needs to be taken to make sure all ends are together.
Another problem with the actual weaving was that I didn't have enough light and so the dark colored threads weren't always even with the edge making loops along the selvedges. Get lamps.
I need a better bench; I was working on a sewing stool that had casters on it and sharp corners, that is David's department and I have strong views on how it should be made.
There were some threading problems that I missed, I will have to make a better check before I start the actual weaving.
Still and all, with the lapse of time since I did anything but rugs I did pretty well for the rank amateur that I am.
This is the bonus piece, a close up would show how bad it is, I won't give you a close up. Now I will launder it and see if the thread is good to make towels with, I want to make some towels that I will keep down here so I don't have to rely on the chance there will be towels in the bathroom when I want to take a shower.
So the rest of the week will be pretty good, with sewing and cleaning. I like the sewing part and need to do the cleaning part, so I have to think positive about that. And I do get a lot of satisfaction when I see a nice neat room that I've worked hard on. Be positive about the small things and the big things are easier to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment