Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My assistant was insane this morning.




She finally settled down on her quilt.
But hissed, spat and slapped me if my hand even got near her. Sammy is home sick from school and he came over and explained to me that she wouldn't do that if I let her sniff my hand before I touched her and demonstrated. Live and learn. She was still in an odd mood though so I left her alone.

I have one more row on Happy Trails to quilt, then it will be time to bind it. I am planning to sew on buttons for the horse's eyes; there will be 160 to sew on. Why do I make these kinds of plans? I hate sewing on buttons. I have these visions of what things must look like and can't be content until I get there. I will put it on Brunhilde and sew them on by machine, it takes less time that way, and I prefer machine sewing to hand sewing, buttons anyway.

We are on the count down now for David's surgery, almost everything is done, just a few more things in the sitting room to put away and a couple more tubs to get out of the for the walker in the entrance to the sitting room. I am well pleased and plan to keep our rooms this way, it takes less time to clean if I keep it this way, but I get distracted and forget and then realize I need to do the decluttering again. I like to think its the inspired artistic temperament, but suspect it's just a streak of laziness.

More knitted booties are on the agenda today, I wasn't feeling good yesterday so I slept most of the afternoon. I hate days where I don't accomplish much; I feel so useless. I really do thank God that I can work with my hands, some days when the pain in my knees and hips are so bad I can't walk, I still can use my hands. That really is a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment