Tuesday, October 11, 2016

 Cutting the web off the loom. I did some of the hand work this morning, but I think that I will do the hemming on the machine. After all the loom is a machine too right? So after I do the hems it is done and I will get a good picture of it.
The booties below are some that I made to sell next summer when Rose takes my stuff to her sales. She sold a lot of my baskets and all of the coasters, so I am well pleased and the extra money is really going to come in hand with the extra expenses from David's surgery coming up in two weeks. I think they are really cute, I made a ton of them for my grandbabies and I have a lot of the quilted fabrics leftover from that.
These are not the same booties I used to make by the hundreds before for a friend who had a company which sold them. Those were made of fleece and of a different design, I got really tired of them after a while, but they paid the bills. I also made hats and blankets. It's probably the reason I don't care much for working with fleece. There used to be layers of fleece fuzz over everything and I would breathe it in and cough and sneeze. Its never been that bad since because I have never sewn that much again, and I hope I never have to. Well we all do what we have to, and if I have to work with a lot of fleece again someday I will. I will cut out several pair of the booties and sew them assembly line and it won't take me as long to make them. I have several other projects in mind that I will go on to after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment