Saturday, October 22, 2016

Happy Trails, quilted and bound. The traditional name is Snail Trail, but I turned the snails into horses.
 This is the back, not quite as pink as the last one, I am eschewing pink on the next one, I will have to go back to pink for at least one more quilt, but maybe I will be finished with the pink in a quilt or two.
This is a close up of the horses and the binding. I like the way the rick rack looks with the binding and I think I will probably do it again. It wouldn't look right on every quilt, but there are some patterns that it would be effective with and I like it.

For now I am going to bask in the feeling of the a job well done. I have a couple of bobbins that I am going to have to use until they are empty, so I will be working on the postage stamp quilt for the next couple of days, although I will probably pin baste the pineapple top on Monday. Hopefully my assistant won't get too annoyed with me over the next couple of days until I get another one ready for her. I will continue to work on booties until I get some clothes cut out to work on, or Ambrosina gets the boys pjs cut out for me to work on. I'll be happy either way. I'll be useful an busy, with David's surgery coming up I will need to keep occupied or I will manage to stress myself out. I can be very good at that if I am not careful.

The relief is the new (used) tires are on the van, I won't have to worry about them while David is laid up, when the weather gets bad we will need good tires on the van, so we are prepared for winter in that way. I would rather not have a winter, but there isn't a lot of choice about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment