Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Several months ago I shared this photo.
These pretty little appliqued birds. I never got the top finished because I was looking for my pattern. It was a single sheet in an envelope that I got in a box of quilt scraps from my Grandmother and I made the blocks so long ago I can't remember which of my children I was pregnant with. That is how I usually date things. Which child I was pregnant with or nursing or who started school that year. I decided it was the top I was going to finish next but I couldn't remember how I was going to set the blocks so I was looking for the pattern on which I had made my notes. Well I found it today, I am happy to say.
It is a vintage pattern originally from some old magazine such as Workbasket, Farmer's Wife or something like one of those. I am happy to have found it and when I finish this last batch of booties I will start to put the blocks together.

I was actually looking for this pattern.
I need some winter shirts and I really like this pattern, it goes together really easy and is comfortable to wear. It's ease of construction isn't that important, I can sew just about anything but the comfort part is essential. I have clothes in my closet that are practically new that I don't like to wear because they aren't comfortable. I am going to go through my closet soon and weed them out.
Last summer we went yard saleing and i got a huge box of cotton knit fabrics for clothes so I am all set for my winter sewing. That's comfortable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment