Thursday, October 20, 2016

My assistant was calmer today and I actually got some work done. Here she is posing prettily on the Happy Trails quilt, which I completed the quilting on today. This was despite Ambrosina's annual fall cleaning. She pulls everything out of the corners and cleans twice a year; in the fall she puts plastic on the windows to help with the drafts. I packed everything up earlier in the week, so this morning I had to put everything away again. This gives me a chance to organize, discard and dust my sewing area. So that's all done for six months.

I have one more pair size medium booties to sew tomorrow, then I will start sewing on buttons for the horses eyes on the quilt, I expect that will take me a while even on the machine, but it will give me a chance to use some of the old buttons I have in my collection. Most of them don't have any that match and there is not much use for one button on anything so I am going to start incorporating them in some of my quilts.

Meanwhile most of the sitting room is done again, except I brought some stuff downstairs from my sewing area; I have a place to most of it though. Less than a week until David's surgery and he still hasn't done anything about the tires the van needs, he does like to wait until the last minute to do things and it drives me nuts. I keep telling myself he's been like that ever since we met, and there's not much chance he's ever going to change by now, so just put up with it. Patience with other's faults is something that I have always had to work on, I tend to be intolerant. It is always good to have something to work on, it keeps me from being complacent and taking the good things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment