Sunday, October 16, 2016

This is the center of my latest hexagon quilt. They are three quarter inch. I am English paper piecing them and I enjoy it very much. I alternate between piecing them and doing other handwork. Right now I am making knitted baby booties. I am considering crocheting baby boy moccasins also, I don't usually crochet with yarn, I don't like working with the bigger hooks, but the booties I knit are little girl booties and I need to do something for little boys.
These are the newborn size booties, I still have to knit a little strap and sew it on, they go really fast so I am trying to get well ahead for the sales next year. I never do things at the last minute, I don't function well under stress. I have done plenty of times, but the results are never what I like.
The boys and I did clay this afternoon after lunch, for lunch Rose and Doug took us to Texas Roadhouse, it's not my favorite place but the food is good and the company better. After the clay I was tired, really tired, but I so enjoy doing things like that with the boys, and they are getting more imaginitive. I need to fire the kiln so I cleaned turtle bowls and birdhouse, but I have several more to do. But, since I enjoy it I'll not complain. I try not to ever complain, I grew up under a complaining parent, so I don't want to copy that. Sometimes being cheerful is very difficult, in my classes I've learned the value of cheerleading statements, but sometimes I still have a hard time of, but at least I see a need for it. Always strive for improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment