Sunday, January 15, 2017

Watching Saturday Night Live on Youtube and laughing my head off between coughing. I love the Weekend News Update.

This family has a cold, the entire family are feeling pretty rotten, it has been hanging around for 3 weeks, and we hope it will leave us soon.

I'm getting quite a large pile of Pinwheels of all colors, both sizes. The belt broke on Vanessa the little green New Home vintage machine
that I am working on the Drunkard's Path with so I've been spending more time with Ernestine, the treadle. The belt came yesterday and I started working on her again. I am also getting a pretty good pile of those too, I haven't counted, but I estimate there are about 7 or 8 left to do before I start joining them together. I might never get all these tops quilted, but I might as well store them as finished tops as cut out pieces, especially since I enjoy sewing on my old machines so much.

I took the new machine, the vintage Singer, upstairs this morning to try to use it, only to discover
that I don't have any bobbins that fit. I just assumed she would take the usual size but she doesn't; I also discovered that I am out of needles, so a trip to Jo-Ann's is in order tomorrow, weather and my cold permitting.

It hasn't been a day to get a lot done in, with no one feeling very well and other things, but we muddle through somehow. Now this late in the day a little more machine sewing, some hand sewing and a cup of coffee. What better way to spend a cold afternoon is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment