Friday, January 6, 2017

A good day, Juki's bobbin case came, late in the day, but it came and tomorrow I will be able to quilt on Blue Rose tomorrow. I had a lot of errands today, but when I went to get the part I stopped by my favorite thrift shop and got a whole bag of Asian style fabrics, which are now in the laundry. Also I got this:
She runs ok, the light is good, there was an owner's manual and the top pops up for decorative cams. I needed a zigzag that I wouldn't have to worry about ruining when I work on my baskets, and she's cast metal heavy duty motor, everything that I need. I imagine Ambrosina will roll her eyes a little, but I don't want to have to put anymore expensive parts in Brunehilde. This one won't have expensive parts, and these models are still common enough that if anything needs replacement I can probably find the part. I haven't cleaned and oiled her yet, that can wait until tomorrow, I'm really tired, and it's late in the day.

I picked up this pink fabric today, I'm getting ready to make the heart quilt and I just don't have a lot of light pink, this is only a start, but I probably won't even cut for a couple of months, I'll have to pick up some more variety so it won't be flat, I want it to sparkle a little. I don't have the darker colors yet either, I probably won't be able to pick up any more until next month, something to look forward to.

Time for a nap I think, maybe a cup of coffee first. Tomorrow is Saturday another busy day with the boys home, nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment