Thursday, January 26, 2017

 My 2nd finish of the year, with my signature pieced back (not pink). It was Ambrosina's idea to call the way I piece the backs of my quilts my "signature". I just figure that I won't waste whatever fabrics I have on hand. I did manage to find enough black solid to make the binding.
I call this quilt Tumbling Stars because it's the same basic unit, split 60 degree diamonds in the same setting as the Tumbling Blocks I did last year. The same number of diamonds is in each block, just arranged differently. I really like this pattern. I have a lot of diamonds and stars left, I probably should have made it bigger, but since I didn't I have enough to make at least one more top, somewhere down the road.

I got a call from the doctor's office, they found something on my mammogram that calls for more images, they said the right side is not symmetrical as compared to the left, I didn't know they were supposed to be but evidently this is enough different that they want more images and ultra sound. I've decided not to worry, because I couldn't do anything about it any way. I go in next Tuesday, if it's cancer, it's cancer, I've survived cancer before and we'll go from there. Meanwhile I'll keep busy and try not to think about it.

The boys didn't build snowmen yesterday so I don't have any pictures of that, I wish I did, but everybody was out of sorts and didn't feel like playing in the snow. They all had hot chocolate and sat around the table and did their paper creations, a term used for making things out of tape and paper and whatever else they like to use. The are very inventive and it is not unknown for them to use glue and mini marshmallows and tooth picks in addition to paper. Perhaps today we will have snowmen, but it is colder today than yesterday so we will see.

Tomorrow I start piecing the back for the next quilt, I am getting into a good routine, and my assistant is never long without a quilt to curl up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment