Monday, January 30, 2017

I know that it has been a couple of days since I posted here. Ambrosina has been stripping and refinishing the stairs, and the chemicals make me pretty sick, so i have been in bed with headaches the last two days. She stained today, and that doesn't affect me as bad as the stripper. But the next step is the varnish and it will hit me like a hammer, as I know from when we did the dining room floor. Oh well, it only lasts a week or so.
I got this pin basted this morning, so the day wasn't a total loss.
Then I worked on emptying bobbins so that I could wind them for quilting it. I still have 2 partially filled bobbins to empty, but I don't think they will take too long tomorrow. After that I will clean and oil the machine and be ready to go. It is amazing to me how big of a pile of these inch and a quarter squares I can sew together on just one bobbin. The bags are emptying fast, I only have about 2 of the gallon size zip lock bags left to put together before on to the next step.

Tomorrow I have further "imaging" on my right breast to see if there is a problem there, I am a little stressed about it, but not too bad, there is nothing to be done before then anyway. Keeping myself busy is a big help, I sewed longer than usual upstairs today than I usually do before I came down here.

Friday David had to go out to Walmart and the car worked fine. When he came out of Walmart the car wouldn't start. It's not the battery because the engine was turning over, he says it's not getting fuel. Anyway he and Leon went out and towed it home, now we have to wait until the weather warms up so he can work on it. It seems like there is always something. Things could be worse. Actually they have been worse lots of times, we could be alone without a loving daughter and son-in-law to help us. And all these beautiful grandchildren to make us laugh and enjoy life. Yes life could be lots worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment