Monday, January 23, 2017

Drunkard's Path top finished. It will now take it's place 2nd down from the top. I have one quilt under the needle, and I got it to the half way point this morning.

Tumbling Stars. I am really enjoying the quilting on this one. I love doing that pattern, it's simple and fast, I can get into a real rhythm with it. It's one of the best ways I've done to fill out a diamond.

This is a system I've worked out so that I don't have any more 20 year old UfOs hanging around. Every project I start or run across unfinished gets a card, I make notes on it; plans to finish it, any information that I think I may need, and file it alphabetically. I am making pretty good progress on my UFOs, I don't know how many I may find up the in attic when Ambrosina does her spring cleaning up there, but I seem to have found all that are down here or upstairs. When I feel the urge to start a new project, I get the box out and start a new, old  project that I want to get done. Maybe in about a year I'll be able to start something new, new, but I have spent time, thread and possibly money on these old projects that I want to finish them. I don't want to leave Ambrosina a bunch junk and unfinished projects to go through either, so I will get caught up and then do just one project at a time, I hope and intend.

I have about 20 blocks worth of Drunkard's Path units in red and blue to pin together for the next Drunkard's Path variation that I am calling Dirty Attic Windows. This variation has several different names, Dirty Windows, Attic Windows are a couple of them. I am calling it Dirty Attic Windows because I have never seen any attic windows that are clean. I love the many variations possible with the Drunkard's Path pattern. The one after this will be a turtle quilt using the basic Drunkard's Path block, I finally figured out how to do the tail and the head, so I will start pining them when I get the pinning of the red and blue one done. More on that later.

It's getting really cold again, we are supposed to have 7 inches of snow before Wednesday, oh joy. Two months now and we can call it Spring, oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment