Monday, January 9, 2017

Pinwheels in two sizes. I will alternate the small ones with large ones, so far in just pink and burgundy in the small size but I haven't gotten down very far in the tub where they are stored. The block on the left are half-square triangles that I didn't have enough of one color to make a pinwheel. All the leftover small half-square triangles I will turn into those blocks and put together a tops from. I think that if I have to store the scraps and pieces they might as well be stored as tops and I will get the fun of sewing them. I have a lot of these particular scraps, I will get at least 2 tops, maybe 3.
I got moved into the shelf David put up. I don't have a very large stash, but it's nice that I can see it at a glance, then I can plan more easily what fabrics to buy when I have a project in mind. I also cleaned down here in the bedroom and tomorrow I will straighten up the sitting room before it gets bad, I'm keeping caught up yippie skippie!

I am almost finished with En Provence, tomorrow I will finish and hopefully I will have a picture of it; it's been nice to have Juki back, she is the best of the upstairs machine for piece and quilting, with Brunehilde better for embroidery and fabric construction. A girl can't have too many sewing machines though, like diamonds, although I don't have any diamonds and I'd rather have sewing machines anyway.

It is supposed to get really cold for the rest of the week and snow. No surprise for this time of the year, although we aren't turning on the heater down here because of the electric bill. I see more coats and socks in the future, treadling on Ernestine will keep the circulation going, and it's only two and a half months until spring, by the calendar anyway. David put plastic on the windows down here in the basement although they are up so high we don't feel a draft, but Leon wanted it so he did it. I'll live but it seems like it will be a long two months. I think now I will go out and do some treadling, I'm getting cold and I need to get my circulation going!

No comments:

Post a Comment