Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I meant to do this earlier in the day, but I got busy and then I took a nap, it was a good idea and helped my headache a lot.

The is the graphed out pattern for Log Cabin Heart, the drawing I worked from and the different blocks one by one. Most of the blocks are traditional dark/light log cabin blocks, the blank blocks are pieced all light. The long blocks are different, and I have yet to draw them out. It is actually an easy quilt if the usual care is taken to be accurate. I will try and get the long blocks drawn and posted within the next few days.

It is very cold again 15 below and add to that the wind chill, so we stayed home tonight, and will be staying home over the next couple of days, Ambrosina made it clear that we should stay home and it's icy out, one slip for either David or I and there could be serious problems. Oh well, I guess we will just get more done here. I cleaned the sitting room and it didn't take long, maybe I am keeping it up after all. Tomorrow the bedroom, maybe it won't take very long either.

I am ready to start putting En Provence by Bonnie Hunter together, all the parts of blocks are done, so I can joining in putting them and the  and the sashing together. I think it will be fun, and it's going to be a toss up to see which will be done first Tumbling Stars or En Provence. Whichever top is done first will get quilted first. I finished 16 quilts in 2016, but that was coincidence. 17 in 2017 wouldn't be so bad, but I wish to get more than that done if I am to catch up with the backlog of tops that I have in the attic. It's always good to have ambitions of the right kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment