Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The bobbins I got yesterday for the Singer were the right ones, although one of them was unusable. I will be looking for vintage bobbins at thrift shops and yard sales this summer.

Because she is flat above and to the left of the needle I can get a different shape to my baskets, I am going to bead this one, but if I had any of the fabric strips that color left I would have made a lid. Tomorrow I will make another one and make sure I have enough of the right color for the lid. I like the straight up and down of that shape, and with lids they would make great storage. The zig zag is pretty narrow, but I think I like that better, more of the fabric is seen without the distraction of the stich.

I got a really good start on Tumbling Stars too. I am using one of my favorite patterns and it is fast and easy and looks good too.
I didn't enjoy quilting Blue Rose much, I didn't like my quilting pattern, and that's never as much fun; but I really enjoy this one a lot, and I think it shows. I think it will go pretty fast too.

I can't get into the doctor until Thursday, but this cold and what is with it has gone on so long it is time to do something about it. It's gone on so long that a couple of days more aren't going to make much difference. I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection now, and I know I have a uti, always so much fun. David had to go to Walmart to pick up some stuff for me, and he came home with two packages of cookies, I shouldn't have let him go before lunch. However, since they are here I might as well have a cup of coffee and enjoy. I hear my little boys upstairs, so I will take some up to them, no need for us to eat all of them. I still have an afternoon to get some things done, so I think that I will get started on some piecing. Last night I counted and I have 68 large Pinwheel blocks and 10 small. The small ones take longer because of more pieces, so I don't get so many done. But I am pleased with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment