Sunday, January 8, 2017

 The blocks and sashings are done and waiting to be ironed, I couldn't iron today because Ambrosina was cleaning and we were expecting Timothy and Rosa for dinner and a movie. Tomorrow I will get to them, it is so nice having Juki up and running again, she is the best machine I have for piecing upstairs. I have other sewing I should be doing, I oiled the new machine and she's ready to go although I haven't picked out a name for her yet. I think Ambrosina is annoyed with me that I got her because she was somewhat scornful about how many machines I have, oh well. As long as they aren't in her way I don't see why I should be concerned about it.

It's very cold, Leon is still in a tizzy about how high the electric bill is and he made David wander around the house with a lighter to see if the flame showed a draft. This is after David stayed home sick from the meeting. Now he insisted David go with him to Menards to get a meter to measure how much electricity each outlet is using. He wants us to pay more I am sure, but I think he's being ridiculous. It's probably just my warped outlook on life, but if he wants us to pay more he could just ask instead of all this rigamarole. Not to mention spending the money for something like that, they use the same sort of heater upstairs in the boys room that we have down here, so I don't know what he is trying to prove. It's so cold down here now I have to be under the covers all of the time unless I am sitting at the machines, then I put on an old coat. It's not doing my fibromyalgia or arthritis any good at all.

I should stop complaining, it does no one any good at all. Just keep counting the days until spring. The lovely days when the air conditioning makes me so cold I can go out onto the front porch to warm up with my hand sewing. Two and a half months, I can make it, can't I?

My pinwheels are looking good, pictures tomorrow. I will work on them some more soon, first I must put on an extra pair of socks and look for my old coat, I wonder where I left it?

No comments:

Post a Comment