Friday, January 27, 2017

This morning I pieced the back for En Provence;

I have decided to quilt it in bubbles. I will baste it Monday morning, I can't baste it over the weekend because with the boys home from school the table will be in constant use. This one will be for my bed, so I went ahead and used some pink for the back, then I will put the pink away for a while and use up some other stuff I have for the backs of the next ones.

I have the first block of the next Drunkard's Path variation done.
I'm combining 2 of it's names, Dirty Windows and Attic Windows, into one Dirty Attic Windows. Half of the blocks will be blue with red frames; the other half will be red with blue frames. Soon I will have to start pinning the basic units for the next variation that I will be doing: turtles. They will be green/white and brown/ white, because I don't have enough of either color for a whole quilt. but that won't be for a while, I have a basket to bead, and I want to work on my Grandmother's Flower Garden for a while.

The weekend will be busy and we are supposed to get more snow, the wind has come up and it is getting colder. Only to be expected at this time of the year, Ambrosina put her seed order in today so we have that to look forward to. She ordered a self pollinating cherry tree bred especially to be grown in a pot, I see cherry pie in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment