Sunday, January 22, 2017

Drunkard's Path webbed. The columns are sewn together into rows and next I will sew the rows together, it will be done and ready to quilt, probably this evening sometime. Sammy and David are out at Gramp's desk working with leather and weaving on the inkle loom, Sam gets tired of one and they go on to the other for a while. They don't get a lot done, but they sure enjoy themselves.

David tightened the belt on the treadle and now I'm getting a better work out when I sew on her, it's nice because now I don't have the belt slipping while I sew and motion is not wasted. The pinwheel blocks are going very fast; I think I'll have enough of the big ones by the time I finish the small ones for a couple of tops, I don't have to quilt them right away. I am enjoying piecing them and I am in no hurry to finish them, by the time they are done I will have a couple of empty tubs; more space is always good.

I'm going to go now and finish the Drunkard's Path top, when I get this close to the finish of something I usually can't rest until it is done. This is an old ufo, it's at least 5 years since I started it, when it's done I will quilt it after En Provence, so it is 3rd from the one I am quilting on now. I have plenty of time to think of a quilting pattern for it. It will soon be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment