Thursday, January 5, 2017

Cold, cold, cold, cold. The electric bill was way too high and so we can't use the heater as much down here. I understand, but the cold will make me ache so. 3 months until spring. I can live that long. A sweater and 3 sweatshirts, layer the socks, get under the covers. Turn on the heated mattress pad, oh wait, that's electric too. Not a happy situation. It's not much warmer upstairs, they keep the heat pretty low to save on the gas bill. Oh boy, I'm never as productive when I am cold.
Tumbling Stars, I finished the top last night. It will have to wait to be quilted until I get the part for Juki. It will be next under the needle after I finish Blue Rose, which I haven't even started waiting for the part. I called and the woman at the shop said she thinks it might have come because 3 big boxes have come, but I am still waiting to hear from them. Evidently speed is not part of their customer service. Tomorrow it's supposed to warm up a little and I am going to go to Walmart, I will stop by the shop in case it came in and they just haven't called, sort of the thing I would expect from their performance so far.

The next quilt down here on Ernestine will be pinwheels, I am just waiting for David to come downstairs so I can ask him to get the tub they are in out from under the stairs. It is not going to go back under the stairs either although there is more than one quilt's worth in that tub. My stuff is no good under the stairs where I can't get at it. Having it in the way will just mean I will be motivated to get it done faster. It may as well wait in the completed top for as in the pieces, I will be less likely to lose parts of it that way.

I have 9 blocks of En Provence done out of 16 they are going faster, and I probably would have gotten one more done if I hadn't had to fix one of the blocks. No surprise there, if I hadn't made a mistake I would wonder what was wrong. I make lots of mistakes just to prove I am normal. I must be very normal, I make so many. Someone once asked me how long they would have to sew before they wouldn't have to use a seam ripper any more. I laughed and said I hadn't make it to that point yet. Well I still haven't made it to that point, and I'm pretty sure that I won't, but I don't get upset about it any more either, go with the flow......

No comments:

Post a Comment