Monday, November 21, 2016

Yesterday was not a good day and I spent most of it in bed with a headache and stomach ailments. Better today although still kind of peaky.
A couple of weeks ago I showed you this basket full to the point of overflowing with hexagons that needed basting; it is down to one half of one layer, and I hope to finish the prep by the end of the week. After that it will be fast to finish one top that I have started, and probably the next I have in mind.

I had taken Ambrosina's word for it that new kitty Waddles was a female, after all one doesn't want to get too personal. However Waddles was grooming himself on my bed the other night, and I can state definitely that he is a neutered male. David is now calling him Sir Waddles. This brings the total among pets and people to 8 males and 3 females. It's a man's world.

I was right when I said the current quilt was going to go fast; I am about halfway. I am not quilting it densely, it's going to be puffier than most of my quilts, but I like it. The point to me is not making the best quilt in the world, I wouldn't want my quilts to be put under close scrutiny, I just want to enjoy the process, make something that has some beauty. If I could sell them that would be nice, I wouldn't make much more than replacing the cost of the materials. When I am working on them I feel very close to my Creater, making something the way He did. I meditate a lot when I am sewing, it's my peaceful time. I think I am a better person for it, and I thank Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment