Saturday, November 26, 2016

This has been a very much back to the job at hand sort of day. We are preparing to entertain on Sunday so we were busy busy busy. Mostly Ambrosina, although I have volunteered for anything she needs me to do. Leon had a project upstairs that the boys were helping him with off and on. David was wandering around wishing he could do some of the things he usually joins in on but can't yet. He will, a couple months more and he won't even remember he had the hip done. It doesn't hurt any more just gets tired easy, and he still has to use the cane, although he is starting to forget it, but that is a good sign too.

Rose said last summer that people were asking if I could make bigger baskets, so I made one, I don't think I could go much bigger or it wouldn't hold it's shape. I would have to use thicker cord which I could not do on the sewing machine, and there is no way I would ever do that by hand. I think I could put handles on it though, so I might try that on the next big one.
I am joining in with Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt En Provence and these are the four patch units for the first clue. I decided to go with light greens for my neutrals because I had to buy fabric anyway. I don't have a very big stash, I tend to use up fabric just about as fast as I can buy it, and I didn't have anything for neutrals at all, so I bought light green because I like the way they play with the other colors and I haven't done much with green for a long time. Here is my assistant guarding my four patches, I didn't get them all done because we have been so busy for the last couple of days, but I should be able to finish them in the morning. If not I have Monday, I'm not doing a lot next week and the boys are back to school.

I did finish basting the hexagons so now I'll be putting together the top I am working on, that is between cleaning and moving furniture, I want to see if I can get rid of at least one piece of furniture to ease up the crowding, but we will see. Cleaning and discarding stuff first. Always discarding stuff. Where does it all come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment