Thursday, November 10, 2016

David's last doctor trip using his walker. He's doing so well that he can put it away and use just his cane. Also after a couple of weeks if his balance is ok (it will be) he can start practicing without his cane. This is not normal! Even the doctor was impress and amazed. I am relieved, he's been upstairs all afternoon, and I have had some alone time! I do love David, of course, but I need my alone time just to relax and do my handsewing or read, or even nap. I am a much nicer person if I get some alone time.

Because of our early start I didn't get any sewing time in. The doctor's visit was early because he has surgery in the afternoon. I don't do well getting up early. I can do it without much problem, but I have to say my mood is strictly sinister and I have to work hard at even using a pleasant tone. Now David and I have been married for forty-two years and the man still doesn't understand that I just want to be left alone. It doesn't have to be for long, just left alone for a while. I will drive him anywhere he needs to go, do anything he needs, but I don't want to engage in conversation, or field his bad jokes or answer questions. That can come later and I will even be nice, even happy, but not first thing in the morning. I guess David has to put up with a lot from me, but couldn't he do it later in the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment