Saturday, November 19, 2016

I was very happy to start quilting this morning, but when I went upstairs I saw this.
This is new kitty Waddles. I was really afraid my assistant Happy was going to be really annoyed, and who could blame her. So I put Waddles on the floor and immediately Happy was there.
They spent about a half an hour glaring at each other, and finally Waddles got up and left. This is progress, 2 days ago they wouldn't even stay in the same room as each other, and I think they will become friends in time if no one tries to push them into it. They are both such nice kitties and we enjoy them a lot.

The quilting is going to go pretty fast. I am not going to quilt this one as dense as I usually do, so it won't take as long. I got 2 of the ten rows of blocks done this morning and would have been able to do more but the needle broke and I couldn't find the needles I bought the other day. I suspect they are in the sitting room and I just forgot to take them upstairs, a not uncommon occurance.

I decided to use yellow thread and large feathers. The top picture is the front and the bottom picture is the back; it's a little hard to see in the pictures. I love doing feathers so I won't find it tedious. I wouldn't anyway now that I stop to think about it. So with one thing and another I've had a busy morning. Leon and Ambrosina and the kids were all gone this morning, and they are invited out to dinner this evening so it will be a quiet Saturday for us. I love having the kids around, but they will all be here tomorrow so I can look forward to that. So now I am going to sit back with my feet up and drink my coffee and start my hand sewing for the day. What bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment