Friday, November 18, 2016

We got our winter storm, about 4 inches of it so far, but it's still snowing.
It's pretty dark still with a lot of blowing snow, but it's supposed to taper off this afternoon. The kids were wild with excitement this morning, but we adults much less so. They will go to Grandma Rose's this afternoon, their usual Friday afternoon visit, so she will bear the brunt of it, but she loves it and will be happy.

I finished off the last bobbin in Juki this morning, so I will wind bobbins and start quilting tomorrow.
I am always amazed at how much lint and dust the machine collects during a quilt. I always clean and oil the machine when I finish a quilt and before I start another, they will live a lot longer that way and run better with a more even tension and stitch. I love my machines and try to treat them the best way I can.
And the new kitty's name is Waddles, Ambrosina named her that because she does waddle, her hind legs toe out, it's pretty funny. In the picture you can see her on the chair, while my assistant is on the tubs. They are still wary of each other, but I think they will adjust soon. Waddles is very friendly to all the people in the household, and Chester just ignores her and carries on as usual but Happy still feels the need to establish the appropriate pecking order, with herself on top of course. The boys are home from school and looking for her. She is down her asleep on my bed, I suspect she is hiding, they are pretty rambunctious. I prefer to be down here when they get home from school too. After things calm down I go upstairs. I let their mother deal with their after school boisterousness, I feel like I've done my time, although they are a lot of fun and I do enjoy their company. If something really exciting has happened during the day they will come down and tell us, otherwise we will hear about it at suppertime.

I've still several things to get done this afternoon before then, and I think I will venture upstairs for a cup of coffee, they will be leaving in a few minutes and all will be quiet for a time, but not long enough to get used to it. Having a lot of boys around is so very enjoyable, I hate to think of how much I would miss my large noisy family if we weren't living here with this wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment