Wednesday, November 16, 2016


At first glance this may look like my assistant Happy, but it is not. This is a little lady that showed up 3 days ago. In our neighborhood it is not uncommon for people to drive by, open their windows and toss out a cat that they are too stupid, cruel, irresponsible or lazy to find a new home for when it becomes inconvenient for them to keep it. That is how we got Happy as a kitten, and people who do that anger me. What a sweetheart they missed out on with our Happy, and I think this one will be as sweet even though she comes to us as an adult. We have several feral cats that live around here who can't be tamed, and we feed them when the weather gets really cold, but we can't take care of them all, as much as we would like to. So it looks like we are a 3 cat family again. We will advertise in the found column, but doubt if it will do any good. Anyway there is no use getting angry people will always be people, and there will always be those who will do something like this.


Stanley almost came in the house this morning, there was a squirrel in the hanging plant basket so I went to get a picture and Stanley almost came into the house. Ambrosina feeds him nuts and I guess he thought everyone who come out the door will feed him, he's not shy at all. There were 3 squirrels on the porch when I went out, I guess they are trying to have one more big feed before the snow comes on Friday.

My assistant wanted me to be sure to realize that she was going to stay loyal to me even with the interloper in the house, I am still working on emptying white filled bobbins before I fill them for the next quilt. I am working on the postage stamp quilt until they are empty and then I will put that away for the next time. I've got a quilt in mind that I want to make soon, it will be big enough for my bed and I need another one for the winter. It would go together really fast, and I can't work on Tina's quilt until I can find some blue polka dot fabric. Blue fabric with white polka dots is easy to find. White fabric with any color polka dot is more difficult, and white fabric with blue polka dots the hardest of all. But it will turn up eventually, I can't be the only one who wants it. I've got plenty to do before I can work on it.

David is doing very well, twice now he has taken his walker and gone out to the his shop and tinkered around, how much he love doing that, the only thing that makes it better for him is when our Sammy is out there with him. He is getting restless and has started to do a couple of other things around here. Ambrosina told him he wasn't to try to do the dishes or laundry yet, and I'm not sure that he was very pleased about that, but he will get over it.

I'm feeling really sleepy, I think I might take a nap. I've done quite a lot today, some cleaning down here and some sewing, so I needn't feel guilty about taking a nap, and the idea is getting more and more attractive by the minute. Sooo yawn. Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment