Saturday, November 12, 2016

It's done, I finished Pineapple quilt this morning, and I have already started the back for the next top that I will be quilting, a log cabin Streak of Lightening, it was on top in the tub.
 This is the back, and the lower one is the front.
The pictures aren't very good, I need to find a place where they will be in the sun to take them. It's a little iffy this time of year. I love this quilt. It seems to me that it pulsates and is alive. I thoroughly enjoyed making this quilt, and I may make another with a different color palate. I still have the other top I made, same colors but with one inch wide strips and a square in a square center instead of the 4 patch. I didn't want to quilt the same colors two quilts in a row, and I am trying out some different quilting patterns to do on it.

I think I will go back to feathers for the log cabin though, I enjoy feathers and I love how they look.
 My assistant was seriously annoyed, she can tell the difference between quilting and binding. She knows when I am binding that there will soon be no quilt on her sewing table, and she will have to make do with whatever I am working on at the time.
Seen here with Sammy (who moved as I took the picture) and Gramps she is trying to decide whether to move or stand her ground. She laid down and when I tried to feed the quilt under the needle she slapped me. Some days you can't please anybody.

Well, tomorrow if I have time before meeting, I'll work some more on the back for the next one, maybe I'll be ready to baste on Monday. If so she will be Happy again, if not, I guess it's just too bad for her isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment