Monday, November 14, 2016

Yes, once again she is quiltless. What you see here is the back being pieced for the next one. My turn around time is getting quite brief, only a couple of days where it used to be a week. She sat there and every time I pulled on the strips I was piecing she would slap me, with her claws out, until I finally had to chase her down. I finished the back this morning, and I will baste tomorrow. And yes, it is another pink back. I don't know how many more pink backs there will be, but I will use out of the tub of different colors for the next one, because I am getting really tired of that pink!

This is Sammy the fire chief, my hero! His kindergarten class got to go to one of the fire houses, I learned from him all about stop, drop, and roll, also how to pry the door open if it is stuck with a prybar. I don't think he learned that on the field trip, I think he saw that on tv and was impressed enough to want to try it. He knows where the tools are kept, and I can see some difficulties with that might lie ahead. Pretty cute though.
Two more large baskets ready to go, I will bead one of them, since the beaded ones were popular. I had to go to Walmart to get some prescriptions filled so I bought all the clothesline that was there so I won't run out too soon, I hope the price doesn't go up when they get the next shipment in.

So things are in train for another busy week. I like busy weeks. I don't think I have ever been bored in my life. I may get very tired, and hurt a lot, but I can't imagine being bored. I think I might try it sometime to see what it is like, but I wouldn't know how to do it. Oh yes I have been bored, I was watching a tv show and I didn't have any handwork available at the time. I made sure that never happened again! We are supposed to get our first snow on Friday. I can't really complain these last few weeks have been wonderfully warm that we have only had to wear light sweatshirts if that. I've even been wearing my sandals. Sandals in November, that doesn't happen very often, but now I'm going to have to dig out my heavy coat and hats and gloves. It had to happen, but it's been better this year than last. There is a real beauty in the snowfall too, and I can always stay indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment