Monday, August 1, 2016

The kids bought us a year pass the the Sertoma Butterfly House. We went this morning.

The ground is populated with those little quail, who are surprisingly loud and not at all shy. Very cute. My camera doesn't have a very high resolution, so the details aren't as clear as I would like, but it is a very nice place to just sit and enjoy beautiful flying things.
When we got home I finished winding the warp onto the warp beam of my loom.
Tomorrow I will start threading the heddles, the little metal eye things that hold the warp threads. I suppose I should take some explainatory pictures, because to most people it is a foreign language. Suffice it to say that once all the threading is done about two-thirds to three-quarters of the work is done. The weaving is the easy, fun part, although I have been enjoying the process of getting ready to weave. I have learned a lot with this warp, it's a very soft yarn and tangles easily. It will make a beautiful blanket, and I look forward to using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment