Saturday, August 6, 2016

I wound bobbins
to put in my shuttles. This is the double bobbin boat shuttle that David just finished.
Ready to weave in the heading. This is a coarse yarn that spreads out the threads so that they are even all the way across. The rest is to just sit back and enjoy the weaving. I never tied a warp on this way before, usually I tie direct onto the stick, but I saw a video on YouTube (thank-you Curmudgeon 66) showing this way to tie up so I tried it and I think I am going to like it.
When I learned to weave many years ago all I had was a couple of books and I taught myself, learning some things the had way. Now when I want to know something I go to YouTube and watch it. Amazing. I have watched a lot of weaving videos and mostly I did learn everything right, but I do learn a lot of helpful little details. I hope the day I stop learning things is the day I die!!

No comments:

Post a Comment