Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Here it is in all its Tumbling glory.
Ready for quilting, it will be quilted next. And now the fun of deciding what I will work on now. I have enough of the two piece diamonds to make a several more quilts, and I think that I will work through the tub of those and see how many different ways I can put them together. That's the fun part. I don't dread the "y" seam like so many people do. Maybe it's because I have done so much garment construction, I don't know but I think that they are kind of fun.
This is the beginning of a double bobbin boat shuttle David is making me to weave with, it's going to be beautiful.
Ambrosina has planted some clematis out back that she's training on to trellis' on the back porch, I think that they are lovely. This morning she bought me a humming bird feeder to put out there when we get it cleaned up, but that  probably won't be until next spring, I am going to have some Adirondack chairs out there, and maybe on nice days I will slide the treadle out there and sew in the fresh air; or maybe by then I will have found a little handcrank machine that i can carry back and forth to use, because I have one on my list of must have vintage machines. Can't help it, sewing machines have always fascinated me, and if I have to take something out the backdoor when I bring something in the front then I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment