Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Still filled with the glow of finishing the Tumbling Blocks top yesterday, I sorted out the next batch of blocks partially completed.
Already sewn and such large pieces makes the finishing of a top pretty fast, and I think I have enough blocks nearly put together for 2 tops. This winter I will spend a lot more time quilting the tops than piecing, but for now, while it is warm enough, I want to do more in the basement. I did some weaving this morning, but I scalded my thumb this morning, and didn't get as much done as I wanted to.
When I showed Ambrosina the Tumbling Blocks top she said "That's a lot of orange", and maybe it is but I still like it, although orange has never been my favorite color either. Since the fabrics are all scraps from someone else's sewing I think that the colors I am using challenge my design and sewing skills. A person can't grow and improve without challenges, so i am content with using what I have. I feel that I am blessed with what I have, so I don't intend to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment