Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I spent the morning working on my treadling diagram for the loom. Graph paper ten squares to the inch so I am almost blind right, pretty silly, but I didn't think about pulling out my magnifying glass until I was almost done.
Now I am ready to start doing the detailed threading on the loom.
 Above is the picture of the heddles. Each thread has to go through a heddle on 1 of 4 shafts or harnesses. There are about 465 threads, so I expect to be on it a couple of days if not longer since to hurry is to make mistakes to correct. After that I have to sley the reed, I will show a picture of that in a couple of days.
Below is the loom minus its breast beam and beater which holds the reed. I will show a picture of that later too. It is exciting to see a long planned project coming together, and I will enjoy the weaving of it very much.
This is a fabric bowl I made to get some relief from paper plate holders. I just started the beading on it and I think I will be able to finish it this after noon. Rose has another craft show this weekend that I want to get it done for. Ambrosina thinks that it should sell, it should be interesting to hear any comments that people make, Rose usually remembers to tell me how my things are received.
It's not something that I would decorate with, but tastes very widely. David likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment