Monday, August 15, 2016

This is Ernestine, she is a 1908 New Automatic treadle and I have had her about a year. In that year I have pieced 2 baby quilts, 2 pineapple tops, the Happy Trails quilt, and I am almost done with the Tumbling Blocks blocks top. I'm sort of behind on the quilting. I will do a lot more quilting when the weather gets cold because I won't be able to work at the loom in the other part of the basement. I love treadling, I always have. I just didn't for many years because most of my family thought it was impractical, now? I don't care if it is considered practical or not, I just love doing it. I have many more tops planned, even cut out and partially sewn. I feel like they are treasures I will get out and value even more for having been made to wait.
Today I had to go to Jo-Ann's for sewing machine needles and I walked right into the window beside the door on the way out. The glass was so clean I thought it was the door, because the door was open. As the kids used to say oww-wowwie. My forehead is bruised and my nose is swollen, and my neck is stiff. Naturally no one saw, or maybe I should be glad no one saw it was somewhat embaressing. I always was a klutz.

No comments:

Post a Comment