Thursday, August 4, 2016

To me it's a beautiful sight.
I spent most of the day on it. I had to redo what I did yesterday because I made a mistake in my threading diagram. It's a labor of love so I don't mind too much. It's so good to be sitting at the loom again even though I haven't started weaving. Next the beater goes back on and I will sley the reed.
It absolutely poured this afternoon, a real gully womper. David got drenched between the garage and the back door and it's only a few steps. The rain never lasts very long around here, but when it rains it really rains. The street in front of the house becomes a river and everything comes to a grinding halt. When we lived in Washington we didn't let the rain stop us or we would never have gotten anything done. I don't miss it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment