Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Tumbling Blocks blocks are off the wall and being joined into rows on Ernestine.
Ernestine is a 1908 New Automatic treadle and I enjoy working with her very much. The Tumbling Blocks quilt top is the 6th top I have sewn on her since I got her a year ago. I am in no hurry to finish this top because I can't quilt it yet anyway, I am already working on quilting a quilt, but I probably will be able to get the one I am quilting done over the next week. I'll be upstairs a lot more the rest of the week since Ambrosina and Leon are going away for their 15th anniversary tomorrow.
For David and I it is our 42nd wedding anniversary tomorrow, and we are celebrating by watching the two of the 3 boys so Ambrosina and Leon can get away. Phillip will stay with Grandma and Grampa Leon's parents. We would watch all three, but the kids arranged it this way, and it's no problem either way. We have a very good relationship with both our son-in-law and his parents. We consider them some of our closest friends and it works out very well.
So I won't be weaving much this week, but I don't mind, I can enjoy the anticipation almost as much as the weaving, and I know that it will wait for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment