Thursday, August 18, 2016

Today is one of the days that Happy the sewer's friend is annoyed with me for sewing on HER quilt on HER sewing table.
I tried to convince her that the table was actually made for me, but it didn't work. Pink Ugly number 1 is probably about half quilted, it's actually going pretty fast when I take the time to sit down and work on it. Mostly I've been weaving and doing things in the basement while it is still warm enough, but with Ambrosina and Leon gone I've been upstairs more to help with the kids.
These are coasters/trivets that I make using the same method as the fabric bowls, they will go to a sale too, I don't make a lot, but they are fast and every little bit helps. I've got some other ideas in mind and I will see how they go.
Tomorrow I am planning to do a glaze firing, because the kids will be over at Grandma's and I won't be needed to help watch the boys. I have to do it while Ambrosina is gone because the glaze gives her a headache, so tomorrow will work pretty well. It will be a while after that before I need to do a glaze firing, and a bisque firing doesn't bother her.
It's hard to believe school will be starting in a couple of weeks, after that is fall and then it will soon be getting too cold to work down in the unfinished part of the basement. I have to make hay while the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment