Saturday, July 30, 2016

This is what I have been working on today:
It's been well over 5 years since I did any weaving and I am really excited to finally be dressing my loom. I can't do it all in one sitting (standing rather), but slow and steady gets the job done. The basement is dark and dusty, but I am trying to ignore the difficulties and just enjoy the process. This is a project that I have wanted to do for over 25 years and I am finally getting the chance to do it. Yippie Skippie.
I have always been fascinated with Overshot weave, I've done several different projects using it, but not for a long time. I've always admired early American over shot coverlets and wanted to do one, so this is it.
David is working on a double bobbin boat shuttle for me, and plans to get it done soon. I think he's nice.
I am also doing a little quilting every day, and this is how Pink Ugly #1 is looking.
It's a lot of pink isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment