Friday, August 19, 2016

No sewing today. I am spending the day in the unfinished part of the basement doing a glaze firing. I have to do a glaze firing when Ambrosina is gone because the glaze gives her a terrible headache. I have a vented fan over the kiln, but it still gets upstairs enough to bother her. So I am firing, and cleaning. Haven't done a thorough cleaning over there in quite a while and the little boys like to come down and do clay with me, so it will be easier when I have stuff put away. Or thrown away. I filled another box for Goodwill.
I am also doing a little bit of weaving when I get tired of cleaning.
Every once in a while a thread breaks, this can be from a variety of reasons, I am not sure why this one broke, but it is an easy fix and after the piece comes off the loom I will just weave the ends in with a needle and the break will be invisible. I am pleased with how much I have done and how it is turning out, although I found two threading mistakes they are not glaring.
Tomorrow I will be upstairs sewing again, because both the little boys will be home. Sunday Ambrosina and Leon come home and life will be back to normal. I hope they are having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment